Have you ever wondered how was Google in 1998? How did the first Google.com looked like? Here’s a video that will give you a tour of Google.com user interface changes from 1998 to 2020.
I combined 257 screenshots taken from internet archive to create this video. Every time Google launches a new service or product it highlight on its search engine. As a result of this, I was able to get following highlights from screenshots.
Highlights from Google in 1998
- December 1998 – Google launched its beta version
Highlights from Google.com screenshots (1999-2010)
- October 1999 – Google launches its first version of worlds largest search engine website
- November 1999 – Google wins PC Magazine’s technical excellence award for innovation in web application development
- April 2000 – Google launches affiliate program
- August 2000 – Google launches web directory
- October 2000 – Google launches AdWords, do-it-yourself advertising platform
- March 2001 – Google launches beta version of Google translate
- August 2001 – Google launches google groups discussion forum
- September 2001 – Google launches News and Resource
- October 2001 – Google adds a new UI for its search engine with menu item on top of search box, with image as the new menu.
- December 2001 – Google adds google documents to google search
- May 2002 – Google launches Google’s cost-per-click AdWords
- September 2002 – Google adds News menu to its searches
- March 2003 – Google Started giving expert search tips
- December 2003 – Google launches Froogle, Google’s product search service
- February 2005 – Google adds Local shopping to google menu
- September 2005 – Google adds personalized Home option on its search engine
- November 2005 – Google adds Sign in option
- March 2006 – Google launches Google Finance
- March 2007 – Google changes Google Local to Google Maps
- August 2006 – Google launches Video and Google Calendar
- May 2007 – Google launches a new UI with top menu and iGoogle
- October 2008 – Google starts selling the G1 phone
- March 2010 – Google adds Travel the world option on search engine
- August 2010 – Google launches Google voice
- November 2010 – Google launches Instant Previews
Highlights from Google.com screenshots (2011-2020)
- May 2011 – Google tries new UI with setting icon
- October 2011 – Google beta SSL secured Google engine (Secured Socket Level) to its search engine. Google Earth Celebrates one billion downloads.
- November 2011 – Google adds a “+Google” option to its search website
- July 2012 – Google launches new office maps
- March 2013 – Google launches Google Nose
- June 2015 – Google launches Google Play
- July 2015 – Google launches free radio with Google Play Music
- September 2015 – Google launches Google app for iOS and Android
- November 2015 – Google launches On Hub home Wi-Fi router
- October 2015 – Google Introduces Pixel, phone by google.
- October 2017 – Google launches Grow with Google
- May 2018 – Google reimagined Google News
- October 2018 – Google introduces Google Home Hub and Google Pixel 3
- November 2018 – Google launches Pixel Slate
Subscribe to my blog to get more like this!
Do you want to see more blog post like this? Subscribe to my blog now!